On Tuesday, I held my annual business roundtable breakfast at Maggie’s in Westminster. I would like to thank all those who came and supported this event, it was a huge success because of you. This is a critical time to continue the positive momentum we’ve seen in Maryland under the leadership of Governor Larry Hogan.
This update contains information on a grant announcement for Carroll County’s Local Management Board, the Farm’s museum’s 4th of July activities and traffic alert, a public informational meeting for the upcoming MD 26 roadwork, a road closure and a list of road work for the upcoming week.
Governor’s Office for Children Announces $513,102 in Grant Awards to Carroll County Local Management Board
Through an extensive planning process that involved input from community members in, the LMB identified strategies that will address critical needs for children, youth, and families in Carroll County. Specifically, these funds will be used for:
• Brief Strategic Family Therapy (BSFT) – A structural, problem-focused, directive approach in treating conduct problems, associations with anti-social peers, early drug use and maladaptive family interactions. BSFT is an evidence-based intervention to prevent and addresses mental health needs, as well as substance abuse problems.
• Get Connected Family Resource Center – Provides information and referrals to requests made by callers, walk-ins and by email. Staff assess needs and connect callers to a community-based system of services.
• Parents-As-Teachers –Provides parenting education and supports that build protective factors especially for those families most in need and addresses the physical, social and emotional well-being of children, promotes nurturing parenting skills and strengthens parents’ self-sufficiency skills.
Old Fashioned July 4th Celebration & Fireworks
The Carroll County Farm Museum will host an Old Fashioned 4th, 2 pm- 10 pm. Families $10, Adult $5, Senior $4 (60+) until 5 pm.
TRAFFIC ALERT – 4th of July – Gist Road, Kate Wagner Road, & Center Street
The Carroll County Farm Museum will host the Old-Fashioned July 4th Celebration and Fireworks on Monday, July 4th. In order to facilitate a safe and orderly traffic flow from the event the following roadways will be closed to all traffic at 8:30 pm and will remain closed until all the traffic has cleared at the conclusion of the fireworks:
- Center Street – From MD 140 to MD 32
- Gist Road – From MD 32 to Kate Wagner Road
- Kate Wagner Road – From MD 32 to MD 97
- Hook Road – From MD 32 to the High School Entrance
- Smith Avenue - From MD 32 to Gist Road
All traffic exiting the Farm Museum grounds will utilize Center Street from the Farm Museum to
Maryland 140. All traffic exiting the Agricultural Center will utilize Gist Road to Kate Wagner Road to MD 27 or MD 32/MD 97.
Access to the Carroll Hospital Center Emergency Room shall be made from the intersection of Gist Road and Maryland 32
MD 26 Libertytown Safety and Resurfacing Project Public Meeting
The Maryland Department of Transportation’s State Highway Administration invites interested persons to attend an informational public meeting about the MD 26 Safety and Resurfacing Project on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm at Libertytown Volunteer Fire Department, 12027 South Street, Libertytown. There will be no formal presentation.
Old New Windsor Road Closure
Old New Windsor Road in Union Bridge is scheduled to close on or about June 20, 1016 through late August 2016. Additional details are available athttp://newwindsorquarry.com/detours-road-closures.
Road Work Traffic Alert for the week of June 27, 2016
Carroll County Department of Public Work advises drivers to allow extra time when traveling through construction work zones.
Campus Court Reclamation
Falling Green Road Paving
Kolbe Road Reclamation
Maple Crest Road Inlet adjustments
Middleburg Road Storm Drain Work
(MD 194 to Union Bridge Road)
Main Road Storm Drain Work
(From Town of Union Bridge to Middleburg Road)
Miller Drive Paving
Overbrook Drive Storm Drain Work
Reese Manor Drive Paving
Smiley Drive Inlet adjustments
Walter Drive Paving
Wayne Avenue Reclamation
Wheat Miller Court Paving
Winwood Terrace Storm Drain Work
Woodland Drive Inlet adjustments
Keeping you informed is a responsibility that I take seriously and always appreciate your interest and feedback on my updates. Please contact me with any questions or concerns that you have.
Senator Justin Ready