For Immediate Release
Contact: Meg Butler (410) 841-3683
November 22, 2019
Carroll County Legislative Delegation to Hold Public Hearing on Local Bill Requests
The Carroll County Delegation will hold their annual public hearing on proposed county legislation on Monday, December 2, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. The hearing will take place in the Reagan Room of the County Office Building , 225 North Center Street, Westminster, MD.
The Delegation will be discussing possible Carroll County-specific bill requests for the 2020 Maryland General Assembly Legislative Session. These legislative requests are ones made by the County Board of Commissioners, local non-profit organizations, and individual Delegation members.
The local Carroll County bill requests include:
Requests from Community:
- Legislative Bond Bill – Penn-Mar Services and Change, Inc.
- Legislative Bond Bill – Agricultural Center improvements/expansion
Requests from Carroll County Commissioners:
- Carroll County – Public Facilities Bonds (Requested by Carroll County Commissioners)
- Carroll County – Alcoholic Beverages – extension of consumption time until 2 am
Requests from the Carroll County Board of Education
- Education – Carroll County Board of Education Collective Bargaining Definitions - establishing the JROTC instructor as a certificated public school employee in Carroll County.
Carroll County citizens are invited to hear the presentations and submit oral or written comments on any of the local legislative proposals. For those not able to attend in person, we also welcome public comment on any 2019 Legislative issue through e-mail at [email protected] or Haven.[email protected].