For Immediate Release
Contact: Meg Butler (410) 841-3683
January 15, 2019
Carroll County Legislative Delegation to Hold Public Hearing on Local Bill Requests
The Carroll County Delegation will hold their annual public hearing on proposed county legislation on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. The hearing will take place in the Reagan Room of the County Office Building , 225 North Center Street, Westminster, MD.
The Delegation will be discussing possible Carroll County-specific bill requests for the 2019 Maryland General Assembly Legislative Session. These legislative requests are ones made by the County Board of Commissioners, local non-profit organizations, and individual Delegation members.
The local Carroll County bill requests include:
Requests from Community:
- Legislative Bond Bill – Boys and Girls Club of Westminster (Requested by Boys and Girls Club of Westminster)
- Carroll County – Instant Lottery Machines – Fraternal Organization in Carroll County (Requested by the County Commissioners on behalf of the Elks)
Requests from Carroll County Commissioners:
- Carroll County – Public Facilities Bonds (Requested by Carroll County Commissioners)
- Carroll County – Gaming – repeal of Sunday prohibition of gaming events, including raffles, after 1:00 a.m. on Sunday. (Requested by County Commissioners)
Requests from Board of Licensed Commissioners
- Carroll County – Alcoholic Beverages – Required Information on Application – Petition of Support
- Carroll County – Alcoholic Beverages – Class D Beer and Wine License
- Carroll County – Alcoholic Beverages – Class BC Beer, Wine, and Liquor License
Requests from Elected Officials
- Carroll County – Gaming – Home Games- Bingo (requested by Haven Shoemaker)
- Discussion of Bond Initiative for Turf Field
- Open Comments for Public and/or Members of Delegation.
Carroll County citizens are invited to hear the presentations and submit oral or written comments on any of the local legislative proposals. For those not able to attend in person, we also welcome public comment on any 2019 Legislative issue through e-mail at Justin.Ready@senate.state.md.us or Haven.Shoemaker@house.state.md.us.