Statewide & Local COVID-19 Resources & Assistance:
COVID-19 Update from Governor Larry Hogan: Frequently Asked Questions
For all questions and news from Governor Hogan, visist: A-to-Z COVID-19 Resource Guide. Governor Hogan will continue to update the public throughout this rapidly evolving public health event
Beware of coronavirus-related scams
The FBI warned Americans to stay watchful of coronavirus-related scams, including fake emails from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, phishing emails advertising testing kits and masks, and people selling counterfeit treatments for the virus.
Please remember to stay alert and do not share your personal information over the internet. If you suspect a scam or believe you’ve been a victim, please visit the FBI at https://www.ic3.gov/media/2020/200320.aspx.
Governor Hogan’s Official COVID-19 Website: https://governor.maryland.gov/marylandunites/
Maryland Department of Health COVID-19 Website: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/#Resources
CARROLL COUNTY-SPECIFIC RESOURCES & NUMBERS:
- Carroll County’s COVID-19 call center line is 410-876-4848 and is open 8-5 , 7 days a week
- Carroll County Health Department: https://cchd.maryland.gov/covid-19/
- Guidance for Testing in Carroll County: https://cchd.maryland.gov/current-local-covid-19-testing-guidance/.
- Anyone who thinks they or a family member might be showing coronavirus symptoms can call the Carroll County Health Department’s COVID-19 hotline, which is available 8 AM-5 PM, seven days a week at 410-876-4848, or contact their doctor.
- After the above hours, callers may leave a message or call 211. People with emergencies should continue to call 911.
- NOTE: The Carroll County Health Department plans to inform the public when testing is expanded through its website at https://cchd.maryland.gov/covid-19/and social media channels on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
LIST OF MARYLAND SERVICES AVAILABLE FOR INDIVIDUALS:
- Free COVID-19 Testing (For those with specified criteria): https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Documents/03.20.2020%20COVID-19%20Tests%20MDH%20Sec%20Neall%20Order.pdf
- Unemployment Benefits: http://labor.maryland.gov/employment/uicovidfaqs.shtml
- Meal Distribution Centers for children across the state (three meals and a snack) locations found in link: https://mars.msde.maryland.gov/mars_sitesearch/
- Health Insurance Needs: Special enrollment period for health insurance: https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MDHC/bulletins/280fe8c
- Free Senior Call Check Program, which provides peace of mind by checking in on seniors living at home alone; 1-866-50-CHECK: https://aging.maryland.gov/Pages/senior-call-check.aspx
- Tax Deadline Extensions: https://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/MDCOMP-2821988?wgt_ref=MDCOMP_WIDGET_C7
- Prohibiting Termination of Residential Services and Late Fees: https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Executive-Order-Prohibit-Termination-of-Residential.pdf
- Food Bank; donations, locations, volunteer: https://mdfoodbank.org/
- Meals on Wheels: https://www.mealsonwheelsmd.org/
- Hotlines and websites for various counties: https://cchd.maryland.gov/covid-19-hotlines-and-websites-for-other-counties/
LIST OF MARYLAND RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR BUSINESSES:
- Business Resource information on taxes, deferred interest loans, etc.: https://govstatus.egov.com/md-coronavirus-business
- Claims for unemployment insurance and FAQs: http://labor.maryland.gov/employment/uicovidfaqs.shtml
- License, Permit, Registration Extensions and other governmental authorizations: https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Licenses-Permits-Registration.pdf