Early voting in Maryland began last week and runs through Monday, November 2nd with Election Day to follow November 3rd. This is a change from the usual schedule in previous elections where early voting stops on the Thursday before the election. The polls are open from 7:00 AM-8:00 PM and that includes Saturday and Sunday. In Carroll County there are two early voting locations, the Westminster Senior Center on Stoner Avenue and the South Carroll Swim Club in Winfield, just off of Route 26/Liberty Road. Be sure to get out to vote (or send in your requested ballot) and make your voice heard! Below is some more info on the election and volunteer opportunities as well.
Here’s a video where I discuss ballot initiatives, the Presidential election, and other races on the ballot:
2020 Voting Information & Drop Box Information
Ballot Drop Boxes-
Ballot drop boxes arrived last week (South Carroll Swim Club, BOE Office, Westminster Senior Center) and through Thursday morning (Liberty High School, Taneytown PD, North Carroll Senior Center).
State-Wide Ballot Initiatives-
Previously, I highlighted the two state wide ballot initiatives that will be on your ballot this year. To read my opinion in a previous newsletter, click here.
For the most up to date information and any questions regarding ballots and locations, please contact the Carroll County Board of Elections, https://elections.carrollcountymd.gov/.
Volunteer Efforts for President Trump - Final Two Weeks & Election Day:
Many people have asked me how they can help President Trump's campaign locally. On Election Day, November 3rd, the Carroll team for President Trump will be working the 13 polling locations and handing out information on both the Presidential race and the local races. We need volunteers for all 13 voting centers – FSK High (Union Bridge); Manchester Valley High (Manchester); the Old New Windsor Community Room (New Windsor); NC Middle (Hampstead); Parr’s Ridge Elementary (Mt. Airy); Pleasant Valley Fire Hall (Pleasant Valley); Sandymount Elementary (Finksburg); Liberty High, SC High, & SC Swim Club (Eldersburg/Winfield); Taneytown Elementary (Taneytown); and the Westminster Senior Center & Winters Mill High (Westminster). Volunteers are needed for the following shifts:
- 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (Peak time)
- 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Peak time)
- 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Peak time) Please email CarrollCountyforPresidentTrump@gmail.com if you are interested and our team will pencil you in for a time & location that works best for you. Early voting also begins October 26th and runs through November 2nd. If you'd like to work at the polls during the day or evening at either the Westminster Senior Center or South Carroll Swim Club location, please email.ALSO -Trump Talk Phone Training - If you are interested in making calls (phonebanking) on behalf of the President to battleground states like Pennsylvania, you can sign up by visiting the link below.
Track Your Mail-In Ballot
If you have received your official Ballot and you have returned it - wait about a week and follow steps below to confirm it has been received.
- Start by Clickingon this link -- https://elections.maryland. gov/
- Click Boxthat says-- Track Your Ballot
- Next section is ---Fill in search with first name; last name; date of birth; and zip code-Clickgreen search at bottom of page
- Next section will show My Voter Registration Record-Look at gray areas at Bottom-Click- Status of My Mailed-in or Provisional Ballots
- Below is what you should see under word Status
- This section under word Status should say your Ballot Received